You may change your username, password, or email address in your account settings on fool.com. After opening your account settings, you will find an option to change either your username, password, or email address associated with your account.
Please note that you may only change your username three times per year. Usernames are not case-sensitive. Please take the following into consideration when creating a new username:
- Your username may be composed only of letters and numbers - no spaces or special characters.
- Nobody (including you) will be able to use your old user name again.
- The letter-case of a username can not be changed later
- i.e If you change your name to NEWUSERNAME, it can't be changed to NewUserName afterwards — so please make sure it is as you want it to appear before you save it.
- You may only change your username three times in a twelve month period. All your previous names will show up on your Personal Profile.
Your password may be changed as often as you'd like. Your password must match the following criteria:
- 8-22 characters long (no spaces)
- at least one uppercase letter
- at least one lowercase letter
- at least one number
- at least one special character
If you would like to change your email address, it will need to be an email address that is not currently associated with any account with The Motley Fool.