Once you've logged into fool.com with your username or email address and password, the information below will provide a tour of your service.
For our multi-service offerings, you will find the service name stated in the upper-left-hand corner of the page.
In the upper-right-hand corner of the page, you will find the service description, a “View Portfolio” tab to navigate to the different offerings within your service, and a link to the Community boards.
In the middle of the page, you will find a snapshot of the different portfolios available in your service. Clicking the “View Portfolio” button will take you to the website for that specific portfolio.
“Recs & Analysis” can be found beneath this section, and here you will find the most recent news for your service. Clicking the “Load More” button will show additional articles and media available in chronological order.
The “About” section will provide a description of your service, as well as additional information to help you get started with your service.
To view the additional portfolios for your service, simply click the back button on your web browser. You can then click the View Portfolio button and select the portfolio you would like to view for your service.
The My Portfolio & Services tab in the upper left-hand side of the screen provides a menu of all of your subscriptions. From there you can select the subscription you want to view under the My Services section of that menu.
At the top of the home page for your service, you will find the name, lifetime returns compared to the S&P, and the service’s main goal (if applicable).
In the upper-right-hand corner of the page, you will find the description of the service and links to helpful tools such as the Community Boards.
The “Latest Allocation” for the service can be found in the section below the service title. Here you will find the following information for your service:
- Investment - The total amount of the most recent investment in the portfolio by The Motley Fool
- Cash On Hand - The Motley Fool's cash holding in the portfolio
- Total Value - The Motley Fool's value of the portfolio at the end of each day
- New Buy - The newest stocks added to the portfolio
- Sell - The most recent closed positions (if applicable)
- Re-Investments - Positions that were added to in the most recent allocation round
For quick reference, The Motley Fool’s Investing Philosophy is outlined beneath the “Latest Allocation” of your service.
On the left-hand side of the page you will find an option to check out the service's Stocks & Performance:
Within the Stocks & Performance you will find:
- Complete Portfolio - The allocation (available in a sector or market cap view), as well as all of the recommendations made in the service and additional information.
- Rankings - The rankings of the stock recommendations for the service, the rank trend, the date the recommendation was made, the current price of the stock, the stock's total returns since recommendation, and whether or not the stock is included in your Watchlist.
- Please note that some portfolios do not have rankings
- Latest Recs - The most recent recommendations made for your service. This will include the date the recommendation was made, the latest guidance on the recommendation, the current price of the stock, the stock’s Quant 5Y score, and whether or not the stock is included in your Watchlist.
- Closed Positions - The sell recommendations, including the date the sell recommendation was issued, cost basis, and total returns (if applicable).
- Transaction History - For our real-money portfolios, you will find The Motley Fool's transaction history of the service.
For our real-money portfolios, in the middle of the page beneath the "Stocks & Performance" section, you will find the “Annualized Returns” for the service.
Here you will find:
- Since Inception - Total returns since the portfolio was created.
- Annualized, Rolling 5 Year - The annual returns from the past 5 years of the portfolio.
- YTD - The year-to-date returns for the portfolio.
In the middle of the page beneath the “Stocks & Performance” section, you will find the following:
- Community Research & Comments - View community research for the service as well as any community comments.
- Recs & Analysis - The most recent news for your service.
- Recs - The official recommendation article for each recommendation in your service.
- Service Updates - Additional updates and information regarding the stocks recommended in the service.
The “About” section will provide a description of your service as well as additional resources such as the principles of success for that strategy.
The “Getting Started” section will provide you with additional information to help you get started with the service, such as FAQs, information on the analyst team, and more.