Here you will find a set of instructions to help you get logged into your account on fool.com with a desktop/ laptop device.
By logging into your account you will have access to the premium service(s) that you are subscribed to.
- Open a web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.). In the web address bar (located near the top of your screen) type in: www.fool.com and press the ‘Enter’ key. This will redirect you to The Motley Fool homepage.
- After your page loads, you will find a black bar running across the top of your screen. Look in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will either see the words ‘My Fool,’ ‘Help,’ and ‘My Services’ in white letters, or ‘Login’ and ‘Help’ in white letters.
- If you see ‘My Fool,’ ‘Help,’ and ‘My Services’ you are already logged in and may now access your premium services.
- If you see ‘WELCOME BACK’ in yellow letters in the middle of the screen, you are already logged in and may now access your premium services.
- The prefilled information may or may not be your correct ‘Email/ Username’ and ‘Password’. To ensure that this information is correct, you may delete the prefilled information and re-enter your ‘Email/ Username’ and ‘Password’.
- Depending on your browser, you may need to simply click the ‘Email/ Username’ or ‘Password’ field to erase the prefilled information, OR you will need to delete the information by clicking into the field and pressing the ‘backspace’ button until the field is left blank.
- If your ‘Email/ Username’ or ‘Password’ are denied, this means that one or the other is misspelled or your password is not the password associated with your Motley Fool account.